Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

It's that Jo Caulfield again

I found myself, on rather the spur of the moment, going to see a pre-Edinburgh festival performance by Jo Caulfield last night.

I’m a great admirer of the lovely Ms Caulfield, so was pretty pleased to have discovered she was playing, especially as the girl who'd invited me had only told me Lucy Porter was performing (who I did not know, but can now tell you is also very good).

Anyway, I took the bike up to Islington in the rain, so had all my gear.

The gig was in a small room, with chairs packed in to create nice density of audience.

Which was all very well, but I had nowhere I could put the helmet, jacket and trousers I had divested myself of.

So I go to the back of the room where there’s a tiny, lighting-desk type setup and the spotlight.

I can see there’s someone there (just about, through the glare of the spotlight, so I say, “Excuse me, is there somewhere back there I can put my stuff?”
I’m sure there is,” she replies, taking my gear and finding a little space for it. “There you go.”

At this point, she leans forwards a little into the light and I see that it’s… Jo Caulfield!

So five minutes before she’s due on, when she should have been worrying about her act, she’s helping me stow my gear.

What a lovely lady.

And funny too.

2 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jo Caulfield. Funny AND attractive... Makes me sick.

Perhaps it's time for me to find my inner child - and give him a damn good hiding.

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucy Porter is funnier. Fact,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home