I was robbed
I was at some comedy tonight and part of the show was an audience competition.In it, they gave the name of a household item and a celebrity.
The challenge was to then come up with a joke describing the difference between the two.
In our case the item given was a spatula and the celebrity was Barack Obama.
So I came up with what I considered a work of genius, but the compere totally ballsed up the delivery so I didn't win.
So I'm putting it out to you guys. Was I robbed or what?...
Q: "What's the difference between Barack Obama and a spatula?"
A: "If you use a spatula, Hilary knows when she's been beaten."
Thank you, I'll be here all week.
Also, here's a bonus tip for you at no extra charge.
If you go to the comedy, and the headline act is an acerbic gay guy known for picking on the front row, try to avoid sitting on the front row, with two other guys, wearing a tight tee shirt and drinking shandy.
And don't, under any circumstances, have ridden your motorbike there, and consequently be wearing fairly obvious kneepads.
Because that's just asking for it.

1 Comments:
Strictly speaking, spatulas are used for scooping (big slices of cake for instance) not beating, but even if the audience were batterie de cuisine experts, I still feel that you were robbed.
It's pretty cruel, by the way, to allude to clearly very funny gags at your expense without giving any detail.
Post a Comment
<< Home