Sensenbrennergate
You may be wondering what happened to the post about the tour of Washington. Or not, either way, I'm going to explain.It turns out that, having had a friend of Adam's do us the favour of organising the tour in Washington (which was, in point of fact, one of the highlights of the trip), I wrote a fairly sarcastic review of the experience, because, let's face it, that's what you lot want.
After all, who really wants to hear 'the tour was very interesting and we saw numerous lovely statues and learned much about the process of government'? It's just not fun, right?
Well, that may be. But it also became clear that the office of the good Congressman receive regular reports of what's being written about him on the web.
Yep, you know what's coming right?
So, not realising the comedy/not actually true nature of the blog and unaware that my readership extends only to those few people I actually know personally anyway, I guess they took my report quite badly.
Which may also have got Adam's friend in trouble.
So, never being a man to shy away from admitting when he is wrong, I apologise to those people whose kindness was rewarded with woe and would like to put on record that the tour was certainly a splendid experience that added a dimension to the Washington trip that would not otherwise be possible.
So, there you have it.
Now, back to the sarcasm and general rudeness.

3 Comments:
Which is presumably why the origina post has been removed from your blog... Shame on you, Mr-the-Great.
D'oh. My habit of not ever reading the first sentence is revealed.
And he was honoured by the American Conservative Union yesterday as well.
You should be ashamed.
I recommend days of self-loathing followed by a tearful 'phone call to the Samaritans after a drink and drugs overdose.
Why, you're almost in the same league as the Ogre of the Ardennes (cool name, or what ?)
Post a Comment
<< Home