Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Thursday, May 01, 2008

'plane crazy

Crikey, you are all bored at work aren’t you.

I would like to take this opportunity to assert that I am in fact the real Peter, not some half-assed clone incapable of regular blogging.

I’m just lazy, that’s all.

Anyway, where were we? Ah yes, Dunkin’ Diabetes. Right, so we all got on a flight to Charlotte, where we were hoping to get onto a stand-by connection to Savannah.

And guess what? We won!

Sort of. I got called up to the desk and told to get on the ‘plane whilst Wig and Beardog tried to negotiate passage as well.

Taking my seat right at the back of the ‘plane, I couldn’t see if either of them had made it by the time we took off.

This was not really a problem, except that ALL of our luggage was now on this ‘plane, leaving me with the prospect of humping 5 massive suitcases (ok, 4 massive suitcases and my tiny bag) around the airport whilst waiting for the others.

Fortunately, to take my mind of the issue, I was sat next to a theological historian who knew everything there was to know about Savannah. From him, I learned that when General Sherman arrived outside town, the people of Savannah managed to avoid the usual fate for their buildings (being kicked over and set on fire) by surrendering immediately.

Good thinking guys.

Meanwhile, the ladies of the town got up to a variety of mischief, culminating in the low-grade rebellion of having Sherman portraits added to the inside of their chamberpots. Childish, yes, but I thought it was clever.

Rather brilliantly, I avoided too much talk about religion, not wishing to insult the nice man. Sadly, however, I did not think of Pellet’s rather brilliant suggestion for dealing with the issue – the Richard Dawkins sock puppet.

Sock: “There’s no God. You’re an idiot if you believe.”
Nice man: “I am so insulted.”
Me: “Sorry. But it’s not me, it’s him.”

Genius.

Anyway, it turned out that all 3 of us had got on the flight and we managed to hire our car and pack the bags in record time (ie avoiding the usual 6 hour argument and waiting and insistence that we hadn’t actually booked a motorbike and sidecar).

Before we knew it, we were reunited with our chums and settling into our hotel in downtown Savannah.

A quick harvest and it was time for a night out.

And what a night it was.

------------------------

In other news...

Went to a brilliant night last night at the Magic Circle Headquarters. Great venue, yummy food and superb entertainment.

And I learned a thing or two...

Think of a card. Any card.

(drumroll)



...





...





...





Is this your card...

3 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No.

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(In answer to your first question, speaking only for myself, of course: yes. Resoundingly.)

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me neither. I was thinking of the Ace of Spades (and Enter Sandman and other metal tracks... nothing to do with the card trick, really).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home