Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Holiday anecdote

Whilst in the hotel before going out, we were watching Peter Benchley’s The Beast on telly. If you’re familiar with the works of Peter Benchley, you won’t be surprised to learn that this featured a mysterious sea creature terrorising a seaside town.

Yes, he’s the guy who wrote Jaws. And another one about a big squid.

In fact, we concluded that Mr Benchley was very much a one trick pony and wondered where the next book would take him. Finalists were:

Peter Benchley’s Seafood Platter

and

Sprat Attack!

After a few drinks, it soon became clear that it was really, really fun to repeatedly shout Sprat Attack! Try it, honestly, you’ll be surprised how much fun it is.

Anyway, when we were in Savannah, Georgia, I wandered drunkenly into a bar where I got talking to a young couple.

By an astonishing co-incidence, it turned out that they actually knew Peter Benchley. They informed me that he had, in fact, died.

I’m sorry for your loss,” I said, in sombre sincerity.

I then managed to last about five minutes before shouting “Sprat Attack!” at them several times.

They left the bar shortly after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home