Phew
Just watched the show. Bit embarrassing but nothing horrible.I felt a bit sorry for the guy who won though. They make it look like he just bails out and goes back to the pub after having applied for the contest, neglecting to mention that he had been dragged out of the pub with no idea who Dawn Porter was in the first place.
That's TV for you I guess.
I get 2 speaking parts too! Can't wait for the royalty cheques to flood in.

10 Comments:
How do I get to see it ?
Is there any of my wonderful dancing ? It brings the women to me like flies to a turd in the nightclubs.
There is indeed a little bit of Barry dance action, which can be veiwed on BBC iplayer.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b00936lb.shtml
It's the last ten minutes, you don't have to sit through the whole hour.
Words fail me.
Except to note that the chap in the pale pink shirt she fancied was a slack-jawed idiot, and Barry's dancing was by far not the worst. Peter's was defnitely in the upper quartile..
In fairness to the chap in the pale pink shirt, it wasn't so much that he was an idiot (although he may have been) he was also very, drunk.
Ah, that would explain why his dancing was so good. Booze is such a great uninhibitor. I also have to disagree with you Mads- Pink shirt man was definitely the cutest of the bunch (apart from Peter of course).
Frances.
Hmm, not convinced about the cutness of pink shirt man at all, Frances. Neither by that of the lucky winner. Still, Dawn Porter (who she?) looked like a total loon anyway, so it's probably just as well.
I watched a documentary she made last year in which she tried to slim down to a size 0. This one was marginally more entertaining though. Just watched it again to make sure and Pink Shirt is definitely hot Mads- there's no accounting for taste as they say...
P.S. I found your dancing very endearing Barry.
Frances.
We definitely agree on the endearing-ness of Barry's dancing, Frances. I thought he had the air of a lost puppy in the parts that I saw- and I admired the part where he manfully bit back his disappointment as Peter was one of the 'lucky' finalists, ahem..
I actually felt like a lost, small bear - who had drunk a lot of very strong alcohol.
As I recall, I had been out all night apart from 2 hours on the floor of a friend's in Kensington, and we had been thrown out of a church in Baron's Court earlier that day for taking in a gay friend and then yelling, "Cast the demon out" before an astonished congregation of pensioners.
I did indeed envy Peter his chance of a night out with Ms Porter, if only because of his chance to inform her that, "Statistically... 9 out of 10 people enjoy gang rape".
I think you both did very well. In essence, you were dragged out of the pub to help with a joke that you weren't in on. Also, she's not much of a catch is she? From the two other programmes in her series that I have seen she comes over as a whinging, over enthusiastic puppy who lives in a tip. Also, I see evidence of Chesney Hawkes-esque facial lumpiness on the girl Porter. She is an only slightly more attractive 'roulette-girl'.
p.s. glad to see Barry banging on a can of Carling throughout the proceedings.
Post a Comment
<< Home