Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Ice Ice Baby

I'm currently watching Ice Road Truckers on Channel 5. It's brilliant!

I guess a load of mines in the way North of Canada need supplies. Problem is, there's a bit of a shortage of roads, so they wait until the middle of winter and make some roads out of the ice on the frozen lakes.

So you've got a bunch of hairy, down-to-earth Canadians who swear constantly and drive endless hours along roads made of just ice.

The men don't emote at all. There is no manufactured conflict. They all seem pretty happy being just ice truckers.

A more refreshing antidote to Big Brother version of reality is hard to imagine.

The work looks hard as hell but is apparently quite rewarding financially.

The men all end their sentences with 'eh?' as you'd expect from a Canuck, and all in all it's quite compelling.

The only downside is that it's made me feel most inadequate, personally and professionally.

Maybe it's time I took that job on the oil rig I've been thinking about?

Seriously though, watch it, it's aces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home