Easy as ABC
Rather splendid piece of journalistic effort on the ABC news website.They're reporting about the lottery winner who went back to work at Macdonalds.
Pittard, 25, from Wales, England, became a millionaire after winning the British lottery 18 months ago. He promptly quit his McDonald's job.
Wales, England eh?
Good work guys.
(note, this link was spotted by someone on Guardian's comment is free site, so thanks to him/her too).
For my part, I can totally understand the guy going back. After all, the most soul-destroying aspect of any job is the notion that you have no choice but to be there.
Once you're a squillionaire and you know you can leave at any time, suddenly all the drudgery becomes quite bearable, I find.
Have you ever noticed how much fun your job becomes about 5 minutes after you've handed in your notice?

2 Comments:
I might be missing something here but 'Pittard...promptly quit his McDonald's job.' kinda suggests that he DID actually quit.
Quit yes, but then returned to work some time later.
Post a Comment
<< Home