Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, February 11, 2008

We're going to need a bigger urn

The steely-eyed star of Jaws, Roy Scheider, has died.

My reactions to this news did not follow the traditional 7 stages of grief. Instead I went through…

1. Gutted. Jaws was good. I feel gloomy.
2. Saddened. Such a shame that a young man should die.
3. Enlightened. Blimey, he was actually 75 years old! That’s not young at all.
4. Depressed. Crap I’m old.

So yes, Roy’s death is, in the end, all about ME.

Also, I just noticed that you could in fact get all your news from newpapers’ urls alone. I’ve always admired the economy of language in headline writing, but could you possibly convey more information in fewer words than…

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/feb/11/roy.scheider.dead

1 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter, I am appalled at your selfishness. Roy Schneider's death is, in fact, all about MEEEEEEE.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home