too tired to think of a good title
Those whacky fundamentalists have been at it again…Apparently several people have been arrested in Denmark on suspicion of plotting to kill that cartoonist who drew a caricature of Muhammad.
Yes, it seems a little harsh to you and me, but these people have to learn that it’s wrong to draw long-dead historical figures…
Because it is.
It just is.
It’s God’s word, that’s why.
Well as long as you’re living under my heaven, you’ll live by my rules young man. And that means death to caricaturists.
Actually, I have some sympathy with that ruling, if only they’d be sensible and apply it in Leicester Square first.
What is it with tourists and caricatures anyway?
“I’m having a lovely time here on my London holiday. How could I possibly mark this special time? A postcard perhaps? Seems a bit dull. How about a large Union Jack hat? Too much to pack.
Hang on. I’ve just the thing. A hastily scribbled drawing that emphasises all those features I feel self-conscious about. Brilliant.
Right, now to just find Leicester Square. I think I’ll stop here, right in the middle of the pavement and get my big map out…
Anyway, back to Mr Crayon. Of the imminent threat to his life, he says…
"Of course I fear for my life when the police intelligence service says that some people have concrete plans to kill me," he said. "But I have turned fear into anger and resentment."
Anger and resentment? Isn’t that the kind of thing you’re supposed to turn into something else.
It’s certainly a poor trade for ‘fear’. Couldn’t he turn fear into ‘laughter and joy’ or ‘butterflies and bunnies’ instead?
Because I let go of all my anger and resentment ages ago. Right?

4 Comments:
How about these for possible titles:
'Dane in Distress'
'Save his Bacon'
'That's All Folks!'
or how about 'Dead Man Doodling'
'Art Attack'?
'Jihad deathly danger dogs defiant Danish doodler'?
Post a Comment
<< Home