I'll bury you cockroaches
Apparently a cockroach has sacked 30 people from a news programme in Turkmenistan.I got a written warning from a woodlouse once, so I know how they feel.
Have you ever been reprimanded, made redundant or unfairly treated by an arthropod? Write in with your stories today. We could start a support group, or at the very least get an 'Our Insect Hell' double page spread in You magazine.
Appratently a cockroach strolled across the newsdesk during the Trevor Macdonavich hour at 9pm and nobody noticed. Except the country's president, who has now sacked 30 people from the station.
This President is clearly a man who knows how to get things done. Which I guess they need over there, as the station doesn't have the best of track records.
Most notably, Several executives were sacked after drunken technicians failed to screen the new year's address to the nation by [president] Niyazov.
Hmmm. Not smart, Turkmen Techs. If you only get one piece of programming right in the schedule, it should be the one starring the authoritarian president of your country. Really.
Although top marks for on-the-job drunkenness.
Meanwhile, it doesn't specify what happened to the cockroach, but I think it's now in charge of light entertainment on Five.

1 Comments:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7262435.stm
This story is completely irrelevant to the cockroach thing, but I had to draw it to your attention.
Post a Comment
<< Home