Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, February 04, 2008

A history of violets

We were talking at work today about Parma Violets, an 'old fashioned' sweet which someone had a packet of.

I don't remember them myself, but perhaps you do. Essentially, they are tiny pez-like sweets that taste like, well, like what you might get by mixing mothballs with lily of the valley talcum powder.

In other words, disgusting. Absolutely horrible.

And quite an enduring taste at that. I didn't feel quite right for about an hour.

So I think I know why they don't make 'em like that any more.

On the other hand, should you be the kind of person who likes the feeling of having recently licked an old lady, I can think of no finer product for your needs.

1 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flower-flavoured sweets are greatly under-rated. Perhaps it is the powdery texture you dislike, in which case I can heartily recommend the small boiled violet and rose flavoured sweets sold by Roccoco on Kings Road. Yum. They also do gorgeous rose, violet, geranium and lavender dark chocolate creams, which are heavenly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home