Answers on a postcard
So I'm watching 'when the levees broke'. OK film.But lots and lots of 'why did nobody help me' footage and questions.
Fair 'nuff, you're American and you expect to be looked after. But I can't help but wonder how many of the people wondering where the help was were enthusiasts for higher taxes or any other measures that may have cost them personally.
It's true though, that they were horribly let down.
Sadly, my meagre store of sympathy has not the room for them, though.
Which makes me suspect that I am perhaps not the man I should be.

6 Comments:
Which raises the question of who the man is that you think you should be, if not the one you are.
A gentler, more sympathetic man who doesn't drink as much would be a good start.
He sounds nice. But we do love you as you are.
Doesn't drink as much?!
Can this be the same man who time at Rachman Towers would routinely declare "I love booze; booze is ace" as he cracked open another bottle of cheap Sainsbury's plonk to see us through the next episode of Black Books or Peep Show?
It is noticeable (to me) how much less I drink now. But I'm not sure whether, on balance, that is necessarily a good thing.
I was also going to add that the woman I should and the man you should be would get on rather well, I think.
Here's to apathy - cheers!
Post a Comment
<< Home