Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Back in black and white

Sorry folks, been a bit busy again, but I think I’m back now.

First up, dear old Britney’s in the news again…

Britney Spears has been ordered to pay $120,000 to cover her ex-husband Kevin Federline's legal bills in the couple's ongoing child custody battle. Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner Scott Gordon considered Federline's original request for $160,000 before ruling the singer must pay $120,000 immediately.

Of course, I don’t care about Britney, but I do care that there actually is a Commissioner Gordon.

Cool. Now I'll be the Joker. Who wants to be Batman?

In other very important celebrity news…

Signs filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan can keep an eight-foot tall deer fence erected around his Philadelphia, Pennsylvania property.

Thank God. The state of celebrity fences is, after all, a matter of grave international concern is it not?

Certainly more worrying than the fact that the CIA have developed a new logo for their anti-terrorist division, and it looks a bit like this…



Now this raises a couple of thoughts.

1. It’s good that the CIA is saving taxpayers’ money by eschewing professional designers and letting the Vice Chairman’s twelve-year-old nephew design the new logo.

2. It’s bad, because it’s truly, embarrassingly shit.

3. It’s good because it looks a bit like Ghostbusters, which was a serious look at the issues around extremism and counter terrorism and so is not inappropriate at all.

4. It’s crap because the ‘terrorist’ looks like an deformed Chewbacca, and he was definitely a good guy, not a bad guy (note: terrorists are bad guys). Or maybe it's a gingerbread Simon Weston.

5. It’s good because… nope, I can’t do it. It’s just rubbish.

What were they thinking? And what are they going to do with it? Will the issue badges to the relevant departments? Bake anti-terror cookies (it is a handy shape for rendering in cookies, coasters and other merchandise, as it happens)?

It’s so bad, I’m still not convinced it’s not a joke, even thought it appears on the CIA’s own website.

But what do I know? What do you think chaps?

Also, whilst I’m about it, to celebrate 500 posts (a while back), I’d like to know what has been your favourite post over the years.

Let me know.

Peace out.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ones with premium bond winnings in them!

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cones on your driving test is def up there somewhere!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home