Bomb's away
The US Air Force has been bussing nuclear bombs around the countrywithout realising it.In this story, an aeroplane that was headed to for decommissioning (they’d sold it to Steptoe and Son I believe) but the fellows in charge of taking off the bomb-y bits forgot.
So the plane flew right across the USA, entirely unaware that they had a missile powerful enough to destroy the Easter seaboard strapped to the wing.
Oops.
Sadly (for comedy, if not humanity) they spotted the error before loading the plane onto the rag and bone cart.
Imagine how surreal that first moment of discovery must have been.
Hank: “Erm, Tony, that thing under the wing.”
Tony: “The tubular thing with a pointy front bit.”
Hank: “Yeah. The missile-ish thing…”
Tony: “…with the big yellow radiation warning on the side? I see it.”
Hank: “Isn’t it, um…”
Tony: “There’s nothing on the manifest. It’s supposed to be just junk.”
Hank: “But it’s highly explosive, fallout-causing, hair-loss and cancer inducing junk right?”
Tony: “You think we should tell someone?”
Hank: “Nah, just chuck a blanket over it and pretend we haven’t seen it.”
Personally I would have preferred it if they had done that, so that eventually we could have had the news of ‘150 kiloton nuclear warhead for sale on e-bay’.
Right, I'm off to a wedding in Leicestershire tomorrow, having not booked a hotel or prepared in any way whatsoever.
Still, it's nice to sleep under the stars. In a morning suit. Right?

5 Comments:
"Right, I'm off to a wedding in Leicestershire tomorrow, having not booked a hotel or prepared in any way whatsoever."
Mong.
Shut up and update yer own blog, Orange.
Never mind all that nonsense.
Story of the day has got to be the McCanns being formally questioned by the Portuguese Police.
We always knew the chiselling c*nts did her in (probably with pills they stole from the NHS funded by our taxes) so that they could get a few months in the sun. I would go so far as to say that anyone who thought otherwise is a naive simpleton with a sketchy grasp of the dark core at the heart of the human condition.
At last, Christiano and his mates in the local constabulary have wised up.
One last thing - update your blog, Dump, you lazy bastard.
I thought that we had all given up on Orange's blog? (Admittedly a few months afterit became apparemt that he had.)
Do have to agree with Orange that, having had at least 12 months' notice, not having organised travel or accommodation for the Leics nuptials is a bit feeble, Mr Great...
PS Barry, my sweet, your relentlessly misanthropic view of the world never fails to cheer my day x
Post a Comment
<< Home