I club seals
Farbeit from me to criticise those who are doing a job I used to do but...Yes, that's one of those, 'I don't mean to be rude' intros that in fact serves only to flag up the fact that I'm going to do exactly what I am claiming I don't want to do.
So, to business.
Some of you may know that I once used to have the job of writing text for the little boxes that come up when you press the 'i' button on Sky telly.
You know, the one that brings up a little bit of information like 'Rachael goes to Manhattan with hilarious results'.
Right. Now you're with me.
So, I just tuned into 'I heart Huckabees' which, I must say, is a good film.
Anyway, given that the job of the 'i' is to attract people to watch the film, guess which one of the following list of stars of the film the writer chose to profile in with his/her very limited number of available characters.
Was it...
a) Jude Law
b) Lily Tomlin
c) Jason Schwartzman
d) Dustin Hoffman
e) Mark Wahlberg
f) Naomi Watts
Clue - the rules of comedy suggest that it's the one in the list you are least likely to have heard of.
So unless I've fairly massively missed something and Jason Schwartzman is a huge star without my knowledge, I think my replacement at Sky may be missing a trick.
And yes, I know I'm being unfair to Mr Schwartzman who is actually very good. But the point is one of sales, not talent.
Sorry Jason.

3 Comments:
Interesting. I was looking at the listings in the Radio Times yesterday. It, too, mentions Schwartzman and none of the others - leading me to think, pretty much as you seemed to do, "Who the f*ck is Jason Schwartzman?"
Maybe he's paying these people off to try and boost his profile.
As it happens, even though Film 4 is on Freeview, there's something wrong with the aerial on my building and it doesn't pick it up. So 'I heart Huckabees' was off limits to me anyway.
Needless to say, it's infinitely more annoying (to me) that I can't watch either BBC4 or BBC Parliament ... I'm really going to have to get the managing agents onto this ...
There's nothing wrong with the aerial, pmuD; it's part of the state conspiracy to keep you (in particular) in the dark about the antics of your supposed betters in Parliament.
Never heard of Schwartzman. A trawl of the InterWeb reveals that he has dated Zooey Deschanel and Selma Blair - another pair of names that mean nothing to me. Is the latter Tony's half-Indian sister ? One look at Schwartzman's picture should suggest to all right-thinking people (and sociopaths) that he be hanged.
BTW, Pete, saw your comment on Bile - excellent.
Schwartzman is part of the Coppola clan. His mother is Talia Shire of "Adrian!" fame, who is Francis' sister.
So maybe the Godfather connection grants him the extra special listing??
Post a Comment
<< Home