Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Friday, June 08, 2007

Which brings me, quite neatly, to...

Apparently, mere days before my arrival, Mayor Bloomberg had declared that he was going to issue the NYPD with their very own Segways for patrolling purposes.

You know them, they’re the odd, standy-uppy electric wheelchair things that make everyone riding them look like they’ve got a stick up their arse.

Anyway, whilst on our way to the Met (because I’m a museum-goer, don’t you know), we spotted a Segway cop.

He was rolling up and down the pavement on his shiny new machine, clearly having a whale of a time. Patrolling my arse, he was playing.

I’m pretty sure he wheeled past at least two muggings, only shouting ‘don’t do that, it’s naughty’ and wagging a finger before commencing going ‘wheeeee’ in figure eights on the pavement.

I’m thinking of joining the New York cops.

The museum, meanwhile, was fun. Mark (American Mark, not Exflatmate Mark) was captivated by the examples of ancient Chinese and Eastern art on display.

I looked at the statues’ boobs.

Did you know, Indian goddesses have bigger, nicer breasts than those of Chinese goddesses? Neither did I.

Ain’t learning a wonderful thing?

1 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Mark (American Mark, not Exflatmate Mark)"

Or, er, brother Mark?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home