Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, June 11, 2007

More from New York

So there I was, in a New York taxi, on my way to the Hustler club where apparently Natasha ‘knows some people’. Free drinks and strippers galore were on the menu.

And what did I do?

I decided Natasha was too drunk and I knew she had to work in the morning, so I told the driver to just take us home.

Being a grown-up is rubbish.

On the plus side, the preceding evening had been a blast. I’d gone to a ‘networking event’ at Natasha’s office.

And what does networking mean? Meeting protential clients? Improving your visibility amongst the business community?

Nah. FREE BOOZE!

So we had a few drinks there before moving on, having hooked up with a woman who works with Natasha and her Howard Stern lookalike boyfriend.

Turns out the dude has a coffee truck on Wall Street. Not particularly impressive, you might think.

Except that when he told me that they were called ‘Mud’, the guy next to us in the bar turns round and says (in a thick Brooklyn accent), “Mud?! That’s the best fuckin’ cawfee in Noo Yawk.”

So that’s quite an endorsement. Then I began to tell Mark the story when I got home and before I’d got halfway through he said “Mud right? Yeah, they’re famous.”

So I’ve met a celebrity, it’s official.

My new life in The Bubble will no doubt begin soon.

Meanwhile, in the news: Apparently BAE is looking into its ‘ethical policy’. Um, you’re arms dealers guys. Not a great start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home