Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Thursday, May 03, 2007

crack - a jack

So for reasons unknown I was in a foul mood last night, which was a shame as I met my brother and was an argumentative prick instead of being the fun-lovin' jokester we all know and love.

Never mind.

Whilst I was meeting Brother Mark in Camden, I got a call from Embroiderer Kate. "I'm going to a 'do' in Camden," she says, "I don't know where it is, but it's in the Proud Gallery. Just ask around."

I didn't believe anyone would know where one single gallery was, but Mark had important gay badminton to go to (at this point it would be remiss of me not to namecheck Lycra Dave who, on hearing about the gay badminton league declared "What, because badminton wasn't gay enough already?").

Anyway, point being, I went back to the tube station figuring I'd never find the Proud Gallery. But outside the station was a council-sanctioned sign indicating the way to, among other things, the tube station, camden lock market and Proud Galleries.

So I guess it was a bigger deal than I thought.

So I followed the sign. I walked and I walked until eventually I came to another sign. This one had most of the things from the previous sign on it, but no mention of the gallery.

Bugger. Either this was a quirk of the council's signage department (which, experience tells me is probably five departments fighting for dominance) or I'd gone past the gallery.

So I thought I'd ask a local shopkeeper. They're bound to know, right?

"hello," I said, ""SorryCan you tell me how to find 'Proud Galleries'". , I'm not sure," he replied, "Is it something you smoke?"

Is it something you smoke?! Good lord.

Although in his defence, I had been offered every drug under the sun on my walk up this particular short stretch of road (which reminds me of another story I'll tell you tomorrow). But still.

So I went home.

Sorry Kate. And Mark, sorry for being such an argumentative dick. Bad day I guess.

Have a super long weekend everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home