Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Friday, May 11, 2007

My kind of model

As I lay in bed this morning wondering whether this whole palaver was worth the aggro, or if I should embark on another globetrotting tour, I had an epiphany.

It seems I (and perhaps you too) actually conform to the Kubler-Ross model for reacting to waking up in the morning.

You may think you haven’t heard of this, but you have. Admittedly, this model is supposed to be all about coming to terms with death and trauma, but bear with me on this one as I present…

The 5 stages of morning

1. Denial

“This isn’t real. I’m dreaming right? I could be dreaming? OK, more of a nightmare I’ll admit, but there’s a very good possibility that I’m still asleep and have several hours rest ahead of me.”

2. Anger

“I’m not dreaming. God damn it. I hate my stupid job. It’s not worth this kind of pain. That’s it, I’m going to phone in, quit and spend the day in bed.”

3. Bargaining

“I’m not going to quit am I? I have to be honest with myself. But if I don’t shave, I could stay in bed for another, what, 2 minutes. No, 3 minutes easy. Plus, shaving isn’t really a necessity and that takes another 8 minutes easily.”

(11 minutes later...)
“Do I need a shower? I mean really, how smelly can a person become in 24 hours? And I can sort of rub down by the sink. That’ll be quick.”

4. Depression

This is awful. Life is dreadful. I want to just stay in bed and hide under the covers. Of course, that’s what got me into this predicament, so that’s not going to help is it. God, this is terrible.

5. Acceptance

I have to get up and go to work or I can’t pay my rent, I realise that. Ok, here goes.(hauls arse out of bed).

Sound familiar? Or is it just me?

4 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world.

xx

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I generally get around that by being so busy that I often don't go to bed.

This means, though, that I'm wide awake for "Animal Park" but a little tired by "Neighbours", requiring an afternoon nap with an appropriate pile of cliterature.

The joys of self-employment...

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea what you're talking about!! ...but I will do rather soon :( not only that I'll be suffering from big time jetlag, low cabin pressures and oxygen levels; I'll be subjecting my body to low humidity drier than a desert as well as repeating my superhero phrase "chicken or beef" at least 100 times a flight, more if they're not listening - if this doesn't make me brain dead I don't know what will *sigh*

So my dear little Pees, quit that jibber jabber - you've got it easy.

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to get stuck at the 'anger' stage - that is, until my lovely husband brings me a cup of tea! That first cup of tea of the day seems to have healing properties.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home