Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, May 21, 2007

A better boat than a whisky

I was watching the Cutty Sark burn down on the news this evening. Amongst those interviewed was the "Architect of the Cutty Sark".

Now call me a bluff old traditionalist, but aren't architects for things that have not yet been built?

I mean really, if that's how it works, I'm seriously considering putting myself up for the job of architect for Tower Bridge and the Houses of Parliament.

UPDATE: It seems the man was the architect of an ugly glass dome which was going to be put over the ship in order to house a bigger gift shop, or somesuch nonsense.

They showed a picture of it and it looked pretty ugly to me (suggesting that I might still be in the running for the architect job after all). It was like the boat had crashed into a Center Parc.

Honestly. If they really wanted to house it in glass, couldn't they have just put it into a massive great bottle.

Now that I would have paid to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home