Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Passion of the Muppet

Happy Easter one and all. Remember, Jesus died so that we might sit in a traffic jam on the M4 for six hours, wonding if you've left the oven on.

Plus it's the boat race on Saturday, which I will attempt to attend providing I can find a rugby top and scarf combination so that all the other people called Rupert don't spot the commoner in their midst.

It's a great atmosphere, or at least was the last time I went, and now I now the big trick for getting a drink when it gets really crowded. By simply not caring who wins or anything about the race at all, you can use the moment the boats pass by to run into the pub and place your order without having to queue.

Genius. Or I've missed the point of going to the Boat Race entirely. One of the two.

And finally, thanks all round to Lycra Dave for doing all the posting for the last couple of weeks and for a splendid run around Hyde Park yesterday. I still can't feel my legs and a little old lady had to help me up the stairs when I arrived at the office this morning.

1 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insider tip - put your money on Cambridge to win the Boat Race this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home