Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, April 30, 2007

Also

Well, a bunch of chaps have been arrested on suspicion of considering talking about planning a meeting to discuss a bombing. Or something.

Now I'm not going to get into the rights and wrongs of detonating powerful explosives on the tube (come on, we've all thought about it one time or another though, surely).

What interests me more is that the big police operation to bring these fiends to justice was known as 'Operation Crevice'.

Crevice? Crevice?

Where's the drama and excitment in that? Was is associated with operations 'nook' and 'cranny'.

Who the hell comes up with these names?

The Yanks, they know how to name an operation. They go for things like 'Desert Storm' and 'Eagle's talon' (Ok, I made that one up, but it's believeable isn't it?).

And we get 'Crevice'.

And it's not an isolated case. What did they call the anti-buglary operation?

Bumblebee.

It's not even as if it was a sting operation, as Soontobenotflatmate Mark pointed out.

What next? Operation Flopsy Bunny to reduce stabbings. Tackling rampant gun crime with Operation Sideboard.

Maybe I should offer my services.

3 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, can't help it. Makes me think of builders bum.

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh by the way, I'm posting so much because I'm supposed to be revising.

Boo! This is much more fun!

Now just off to check some random wikipedia entries... much more important you understand....

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Sez said...

Ok, can we back up to soontobenotflatmate Mark for a moment? Where's he going this time?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home