Shine on harvest moon
Yesterday I stood in the shadow of greatness.Well, I wasn't exactly standing. In actual fact I was sitting whilst greatness knelt at my feet, cleaning my shoes.
Yes, I am now priviledged enough to be able to say not only have I met The British Shoeshine champion, he even did my shoes.
Now many of you may not think this much of a big deal. Those of you know know me and my shoe cleaning tendencies, on the other hand, can probably imagine the unadulterated joy and awe I felt as this man, this God, performed his supreme talent just for me.
Splendid.
That's it for now, I'm a bit tired. Oh, but for the record, the answers are...
1. Not in any other countries, no. So no world champion.
2. Speed, quality of polish and shoe knowledge.
3. Because he had a trophy on display to prove it.
4. Yes, really sad and lame, I am aware.

4 Comments:
If I were to get you a trophy emblazoned with a suitably triumphal title, would you work your magic on my shoes again?
dad said
I'm sorry Mads, I didnt realise my son had a shoe fetish. I wondered about his youthful interest in Imelda Marcos......
Don't worry, Peter's Dad: I don't think that anyone who has been the recipient of Peter's excellent shoe-shining abilities would complain about it!
It may be pertinent for me to mention that the first time I ever met Mr The Great, he asked to look through my handbag. When he apparently found nothing of particular interest there, he removed one of my shoes. Although in fairness, we were in a pub and a few drinks had been consumed. And he did give my shoe back to me. So all in all, a perfect gent!
Post a Comment
<< Home