Another attempt
Ever since I was forcibly 'upgraded' I 've been having terrible trouble getting blogs to post properly. Damn you google, I thought you were supposed to not be evil.Anyway, here's another attempt...
Hot on the heels of the world class "I love horses, more than all the other animals" advert, I have a new favourite commercial.
It's puzzleball.
That's right. Nothing says 'good use of millions of pounds of advertising budget' more than 30 seconds of prime time puzzling fun.
But these guys know that. They realise that they have to make this revolution in putting little bits of cardboard together into something really special to justify the expense.
So what do they come up with? How to convey the world-changing development that is puzzleball?
"There was a time that people thought the world was flat, like a puzzle. But now we know that it's actually round... like a puzzleball."
Brilliant. I love it.
You can just imagine the creative brainstorm can't you?
"Guys, this advert is costing five million pounds. Our puzzles retail at just over a fiver. So the pressure's on. We need people to know this isn't just a puzzle. It's a puzzleball. Get them fired up."
"Ok. How about.. 'it's like a jigsaw puzzle, but round'?"
"No. No. No. Too weak. Next."
"Um, 'Puzzleball, the puzzle you'd kill your own mother just to own'?"
"Better. Maybe a bit adult for our audience."
"Who is that anyway?"
"Ages three and up. Choking hazard for small children. May contain nuts."
"Right, so how about 'The world used to be flat, but now we know it's round, like a puzzle."
"That's it. You're the guy behind 'Tower of Pizza and Chicken' right? Another good job. Let's use it."
And so it happened. Probably.
Mind you, expect a backlash. I'm pretty sure the Catholic church's official dogma still asserts that puzzles are, in fact, flat. So expect excommunications and burnings in a ToysRUs near you soon.

2 Comments:
Thanks to Dave, who actually posted this for me because I am rubbish.
Just be thankful they didn't use the dreaded words "experience" or "system". You know, "it's a whole new puzzling experience", or "the new puzzleball 5000 system".
Post a Comment
<< Home