Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Puppy Power

Two interesting pieces in the news today (stolen from Metro, but I’m sure you’ll find them with a quick google.

First up, puppy projectiles.

A pet owner was pelted with puppies as he tried to stop a thief stealing rare dogs. He caught the intruder trying to take five crossbred JackRussell-dachsund pups from his home. The thief threw two of the dogs at him and then stabbed him several times, causing serious injuries, in Melbourne, Australia.

I’m not going to talk about how amusing it is to toss puppies at someone as a means of self defence, because we all know tortoises are a much more efficient animal for such purposes.

No. What I want to know is what was going through the thief’s head.

“Strewth, I’ve been rumbled. I’m going to have to fight my way out. If only I had a weapon of some kind. Hmm, time to improvise.” (starts throwing puppies)…

moments later… “Oh no. Out of puppies. What am I going to do now. Well, I could always stab him with this knife in my pocket I suppose.”

Why on Earth did the guy decide, when picking his weapon, to choose the puppy over the dagger?

I know the pen is supposed to be mightier than the sword, but the puppy? Come on. It was never Colonel Mustard, in the Bathroom with the Andrex Puppy was it?

And you have to feel sorry for the shopkeeper, who is seriously injured after having been robbed and stabbed.

To add insult to injury, when his story hits the news, instead of feeling sympathy for the poor guy, you end up just chuckling at the thought of being ‘pelted with puppies’.

It’s such a shame.

Still funny though.

Secondly, seven suspected neo Nazis stand accused of denying the holocaust. They are also said to have mocked concentration camp victims.

Hmmm. How exactly can you simulatneously deny the holocause AND mock the victims of said holocaust.

Come on Nazis, make your minds up.

Say what you want about Hitler, but at least he was consistent.

6 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just hope the puppies weren't hurt - if they were, I can't agree with you that this story is in the least bit funny.

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry anonymous, you should have directed your comment to the Canine defence League (Australian branch) They probably don't have a snse of humour either.
anonymous mk 2 wider viewing section

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to agree with the original Anonymous on the question of puppies and will indeed be making a complaint to the Canine Defence League.
I do, however, want to add that it would have a truly hilarious story had it been kittens and not poor defenceless puppies. Cats and their young are filthy disease ridden vermin only good shooting practice or self defence.
A(nonymous)

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous mk 2 is clearly an ignorant tosser.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Peter The Great said...

Ah, Original Anonymous, the wit and elan with which you dispatch your foe is a joy to witness.

To return to your original point, I find myself particularly touched that you can't agree that this story is funny if the puppies were hurt.

The shopkeeper was STABBED SEVERAL TIMES.

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgive me, Mr The Great, but you seem to have completely missed my point. I am not unconcerned about the shopkeeper, I just don't find any amusement in cruelty to animals. The main point of your blog was to make fun of the whole situation, rather than to express any concern about the shopkeeper, so please don't become all 'bleeding heart' about the poor man now.

Also, you can be sure that the assailant will get a far stiffer sentence (if caught) for stabbing the shopkeeper than he would for animal cruelty, which is why I felt the rights of the animals were more in need of mention.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home