Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

back to basics

OK, Mads is right, all this tax paying and helping people is just not the point of all this is it?

In fairness, that's because all the filth that's going on right now is just not bloggable. Like the woman who's asked whether I'd be willing to father a child with her, and then never see her again.

Big stuff eh? And not to be made light of whilst I'm thinking about it. But you're all my friends, so I guess you deserve to know that much.

I'm not telling you anything about the Vietnamese hottie though. Except to mention that I discovered that in Vietnam (and apparently China too), you don't have a birthday. Instead, on the New Year, everyone gets a year older on the same day.

Several billion people all having birthdays at once. Hallmark must have soiled themselves with excitement when they found that one out.

Anway, today's post has been sponsored by Professor Numbers, who drew this article to my attention.

England's failing schools.

The paragraph to watch is the last one.

"Since September 2005 we've been saying satisfactory is not good enough - ie all schools should be good or better - and in this sense we have raised the bar of expectation," the spokeswoman said.

Let's play that again...

we've been saying satisfactory is not good enough

So satisfactory is not good enough. Which, you might say, means that satisfactory is not satisfactory.

Erm, satisfactory is not satisfactory eh?

And these are the people who claim to be teaching our children. Jeez. Poor souls have got no chance.

6 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The request for provision of "alpha male seed" is a surprisingly common one on craigslist.

Alas, I am not suited to this task as my medical record displays empirical evidence of just about every component of my body packing up by the age of 35. Must be my diet.

You, on the other hand, could be in with a shout. But how would you feel about little Adolf (or whatever the man-hating whore calls the child) growing up, unaware of you ?

I think it might eat into your soul and take you to a very dark place, but that's just me looking on the plus side.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Binty McShae said...

It's just the next step from the concept of the three R's... only one of which begins with R. As a teacher it makes me bloody cringe when I hear talk of reading, 'riting and 'rithmetic.

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's more like it- if only more people I know could use the words 'Mads is right' more often...

Agree with Barry, by the way (about the eating into your soul bit, I mean.)

M xx

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...Adolf..Hmmm... Don't give me ideas. I get reprimanded for those at work already.
I do, however, object to being called a man hater. Ask Mr Goddard to put you right on this matter.

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The plot thickens. I had no idea that "Anonymous", whomever you might be (and I will find out, no matter what it takes), was actually known to Pete personally rather than just over the Interweb.

I note that you object to being called a man-hater rather than a whore ! In any case, I'm sorry for the offence evidently caused. Until I have a few drinks, when the terrible Tourette's rears its ugly and verbose head again.

I would offer you my own seed, but I have a mental image of mine being like Nemo in "Finding Nemo", i.e. listing to one side with a duff flipper.

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dr Terror,
I am sincerely humbled by your kind offer but I am resolutely dedicated to the quest for Peter's seed. In my eyes he is a shining beacon of male perfection and therefore excellent stud material.
A(nonymous)
PS Fear not, Tourette's is not an obstacle to normal healthy existence. I had a friend with Tourette's, who kept ferrets and ferocious dogs. They regularly supplied myself and my associates with fresh game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home