Zoo trope
So it seems the Bronx zoo has provided its elephants with a mirror.Apparently this was to test for signs of self awareness, a test which they passed with flying colours.
But what really went through Nellie's mind though I wonder...
"Dum de dum. It's another fine day at the zoo. I wonder if I'll get any peanuts today. Hang on, what's this? Something lowering into the living room. Goodness, it's a mirror. Finally."
Nellie wanders over to the mirror. She takes a long look at herself. She turns around and looks again from another angle.
"HOLY SHIT! I'm fat. And wrinkly. And my nose is simply enormous. Oh god, this is awful. Nigel, why didn't you tell me. You said my bum didn't look big in this. Oh why oh way did those terrible zoo keepers have to bring me a mirror. Bastards. Cruel, cruel bastards."
Somehow I don't think the elephant are ever going to be the same again.
Sorry Nellie.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home