Janken Jill
Damn it, I've gone and missed the world rock paper scissors championships.I know what you're thinking, I've barely got over the excitement at the world air sex championships, how could I possibly have the energy to worry about something as trivial as rock, paper, scissors?
But this is BIG MONEY rock, paper, scissors (which I'm going to call but its Japanese name, Janken, from now on, because I'm pretentious). A whole 10,000 Candian dollars (about £65 sterling) is available for the winner of the contest.
I particularly love the bit in this story where "players will have to steel themselves against psychological pressure as players typically form teams to rally each other."
I can just imagine the novice competitor thinking to himself...
What shall I go for? He did rock last time, so paper maybe. No, that's crazy, he'd never go for the same thing twice in a row. Scissors. That makes sense. Then again, he probably knows I don't think he'll go rock again. Oh crap, I have to decide now...
(crowd jeers, catcalls and whistles)
Aargh. I can't take the pressure... here goes... oh shit, what's this? Beach Ball? I've done Beach Ball. That's not even a category. Bugger.
Crowd laughs, competitor slinks away, humiliated.
Also great about this article is that they feel the need to explain how to play the game. Thanks guys.
Even better, there's a world Rock Paper Scissors society that offers a range of online support for the avid Jankener, to say nothing of some genius design work in their online museum (honestly, take a look, it's fabulous).
Visit their wesbite (www.worldrps.com) to discover vital Janken gambits such as The Avalanche, The Paper Dolls and The Toolbox. Fascinating stuff.
Rock, paper, scissors - where strategy beats size every time

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home