Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I'd hammer in the morning.

Can I shock you?

I'm actually enjoying work.

I know, a first. A surprise. A lie perhaps. But no, it's true. Granted I got in to the office this morning to an email saying 'the new website you've done is awful. It looks like an amatuer has done it'. But it's challenging.

And granted it's in Burnt Oak, just North of Santa's cottage. But I get to read on the tube (thanks for all the books Mads, most handy).

And granted Burnt Oak is such a dump that on my ten minute walk from the station to the office I go past 4 (yes, four)pound shops and 0 (zero) places to eat any kind of decent lunch. But I'm developing a taste for lasagne and chips (£3.20).

And granted it might not last. But it's fun so far. And that's more than most jobs have managed for me.

In other news, a couple of interesting new projects are in the pipeline.

Watch this space.

3 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no. Not another contented soul.

Bear in mind that an equally impressive meal of egg, chips and corned beef (the latter being of dubious provenance) can be had for £2.80 in Ozzie's cafe, Hamsey Green. It is also a shithole.

Is the title a reference to Pete Seeger's masterpiece ?

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Barry- I hate my job, so the cosmic balance is restored.

Glad to hear that the books are coming in handy- if you don't love 'a spot of bother' then I will.. um, be very surprised.

Mads xx

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Peter The Great said...

Barry, you're darn tootin'. It is indeed a sideways glance to that classic track. Well spotted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home