Blood sport
It seems that walking the streets in a shirt covereed in fake blood will bring the cops to your door in short order as we discovered at Hallowe'en.Which is ironic, because after getting smacked in the face a few times by some random ruffians in Croydon (where else?) last night and walking home covered in my own, actual blood, there was nary a policeman to be seen.
Well, there's never one about when you need one, as they say.
Don't worry though, I'm fine. Although about to start a trial period with a new job with a black eye and a fat lip may not impress. Or maybe they'll think I'm some kind of hard nutter and give me lots of respect. Who knows?

3 Comments:
Selsdon - not safe ! I'm still not clear as to why we were attacked, apart from being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Bastards. Shame, as the rest of the day was outstanding.
Poor you. If it is any comfort (doubtful, I know) Alex managed to knock out most of his front teeth and turn up for his first meeting with his new line manager with a black eye and fat lip a couple of years ago. Apparently he impressed because of/despite this as they didn't run screaming. Bon courage xx
PS Guess that has cemented your loathing of fireworks.
Of course, what I meant to say first was: good luck. Sure you will be brilliant. xx
Post a Comment
<< Home