Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Quote of the day

I am currently reading (and by currently I do mean it's been on the go for about a year now) Brain Fiction: Self-deception and the Riddle of Confabulation. It's fabulous, all about how our brains lie to us so we think we're logical, reasonable people. More or less.

Anyway, point being, I've found a terrific quote in it.

Apparently, there was a chap who was diagnosed as a bit of a sociopath who was serving time for theft. He was asked if he had ever committed a violent offence.

He replied, "No, but I once had to kill someone."

Priceless.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That reminds me of my ex's mum, who was a prison visitor (Winchester). She was talking to a group session of prisoners about the rights & wrongs of corporal punishment for children. One of the lifers, in for murder amongst other things, said "My dad used to thrash the life out of me, & it never did me any harm!". Again, priceless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home