Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Rugby for gays - it can happen

Apparently city law firms have been declared homophobic because of "constant trips to Spearmint Rhino, rugby matches and drinking sessions as holding undertones of homophobia"

Now I can understand the Spearmint Rhino thing holding little interest to the gays, but since when did liking sex with other men mean you couldn't enjoy rugby or hard drinking?

And why on Earth is it OK to assume all heterosexual men enjoy trips to lap dancing and hard drinking sessions?

I mean, you have to have a bit of an agenda for your report before you begin if you're going to mention how awful it is for gay men to feel uncomfortable going to strip joints but not to mention that maybe women might suffer the same problems. Or Christians. Or Muslims. Or shy people.

In fact, what the report is actually saying is that City law firms encourage people to be tossers and twats. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.

And yes, it's ironic that I should be saying this, with my record of drinking and licentiousness. But I don't force others to participate do I?

And besides, I hate rugby.

1 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree - I would have thought that such activities are designed more exclude women than anyone else. Whatever a man's sexual orientation or religious beliefs, he could choose to go along just to 'fit in' and he would not look out of place - unlike a woman who would mostly be as comfortable and as welcome on these 'law firm jollies' as a fart in a space suit. Still, why would anyone with any taste want to spend their spare time with a bunch of leering, braying city boys? If I was a bloke, I'd claim to be a shy gay Christian just to have a reason not to go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home