Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, August 21, 2006

Just say 'woah'

I don't know why governments bother to spend millions of pounds on anti-drug ads that are neither effective nor informative.

All they really have to do is show this clip of Crispin Glover on Letterman.

Now I don't know what he's on, but it puts George Best's and Oliver Reed's efforts to shame with its extravagance. You can actually see him becoming paranoid. It's amazing.

Also, Project Fun update.

Satellite Tina has already blogged this, but I just need to add something, because it makes me out to be a nice guy.

In my efforts to get Tina into the wild world of talking to people in bars, I went to talk to a couple of girls who were with a guy Tina liked the look of, in an effort to get some decent intel about his availability.

But before I could even get a full sentence out, the girl, who were no oil paintings I can tell you, were busy telling me they were married and affianced respectively.

Now it's bad enough being rejected in a bar, but to cop it from a bird who you wouldn't touch even if she came to talk to you wearing nothing but a 'meaningless sex available her' sandwich board, well, that's just harsh.

And worse, you can't even respond with 'That's ok that you're married, because I'm not interested in you due to your lack of looks. Or charm. Or free booze.' because that just sounds like sour grapes doesn't it?

So you have to suck it up, draw the conversation to a close and skulk back to your chair where, to add insult to injury, you have to tell Tina he was married anyway.

It's a tough world out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home