Stand by your Imam
It was nice to see on the news yesterday that the Muslim Council of Britain has issued some guidelines to Imams entitled ’Try not to blow anyone up’ or something like that.Apparently, and I’ll admit I wasn’t really paying attention, they want to avoid creating hotbeds of extremism (which, judging by the interviews that took place, can be easily benchmarked by the length and straggliness of beard. Neatly trimmed – moderate Muslim. Out of work ZZ Top guitarist – run before he goes off).
That sounds fair enough.
Now I think it’s time we returned the favour and met them halfway by, say, not barging into their houses and shooting them.
It’s the least we could do surely.
It was certainly enlightening that on the reporting of that last police raid and shooting, there was not a single person in the office here who thought they hadn’t shot an innocent man again.
Surely there’s something wrong with that picture.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home