Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Glamourousless

As a high level, senior member of staff, I get invited to all the top social events, award ceremnies and formal dinners.

Which I why I have been blessed with a night out in a pub in Stevenage tonight. The honour.

Nevertheless, I had no idea that the place was so historic. Not only was it designated the first of the 'new towns' in 1946, when a bunch of returning soldiers were doubtless lulled into thinking it was a nice place by dint of it not being Omaha Beach, but it was also a trailblazer in the world of pedestrianisation. Apparently the town was the first traffic-free shopping zone in Britain.

Alan Partridge would be proud.

2 Comments:

At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's right Mr Great, you tell it like it is. Ah yes, the experience of Stevenage in all it's glory...

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pedestrianisation? You are bang wrong! People need access to DiiIXONS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home