Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Demob Rule

I think the imminent unemployment is getting to me.

During a conversation about Stones Ginger Wine (a highly underated tipple that I managed to sink a bottle of last night) it transpired that nobody here knew how strong it was.

A trip to the Stones website revealed nothing, but it did reveal a 'contact us' page where one can ask questions or, as they suggest, leave a Stones recipe tip.

So I thought I'd drop them a line to ask about the strength of the booze. But then, something took hold of me and I ended up writing this...

"How strong is Stones?

Also, I have a recipe. It's called a 'Vladelicious and Ginger' and consists of a half a bottle of Stones, a litre of piglets blood and a dash of Angustora Bitters.

It tastes vile of course, but is great for when people ask what you're drinking."


I'll let you know if they reply.

6 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to

http://www.stonesgingerwine.com/products/stones_original_nutritional_information.shtml

Stone's Original Green Ginger Wine has

Alcohol content (ABV) 13.25 %

Do I win a prize?

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Peter The Great said...

You can claim your very own bottle of Stones. I'll send you... oh, you're anonymous. Sorry.

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the ABV really not on the label? I think that it is illegal for it to be absent.
(Can I have anonymous' prize, please?)

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Peter The Great said...

It's on the label but I'd long since disposed of the bottle.

That said, apparently it was on the website all along, although I have to admit I'd never thought of it as 'nutritional' information.

You can share Anonymous' prize with me at the weekend.

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm starting to suspect that you (that's you Peter) are actually anon.... maybe you write comments to yourself to spice things up and add a sense of mystery.

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's not true. I happen to know Mr The Great would never post anonymously. He's too honest, upright, handsome, funny, intelligent and charming for that.

And sexy. Did I mention sexy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home