Aslan strikes back
I don't know what it is about the Ukraine, but life seems to be a bit more surreal there than in other Eastern European cities.Apparently a Ukranian loon on visiting the zoo, lowered himself into the pit where they kept the lions declaring 'God will keep me safe' or some such.
He made it safely down to the ground where he removed his shoes, and then one of the lions promptly grabbed him by the throat, killing him.
Now I've read plenty of comments to the tune of 'this proves that God does not in fact exist'.
Not so. All it proves is that, if there is actually a god, he does at least have a sense of humour.
But the more I think about this story, the more I can't stop wondering why our budding practical philosopher thought it was important to take off his shoes.
I'm not going to be able to sleep at night thinking of this.
Invention of the day: Starting with a conversation about inventing a desktop with lamp and pc all powered by a set of pedals under the desk, the idea has been developed further.
What do people use the internet for? Right. So how about, instead of a pedal system, you use something like the mechanism you get in a self-winding watch, which is powered by the motion of the wrist?
It's bound to catch on.

2 Comments:
Aha! So that explains why your blog clock is so random, obviously far too much wrist action going on there then eh?
You should be careful Mr. Great; reliable sources tell me that it can also cause one to go blind.
I see they've done the classic "best stick in a photo of some lions" for authenticity.
Post a Comment
<< Home