Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Sunday, May 28, 2006

X rated

Just went to see the new X-Men movie.

I have to admit, I had low expectations. This is partly because it is generally accepted that X-Men 2 is the best film ever made (whatever claims Wig may make for Galaxy Quest, which is a fine film but lacking the almost Shakespearean psychological insight afforded by X-Men 2).

Consequently, I was pleasantly surprised. Sure, the characters were now 2 dimensional, motivations remained obscure and personalities generic. But loads of stuff blew up and there were a range of brilliant mutant powers.

So, two thumbs up then (well, one and a half maybe).

Anyway, after the movie, we decided to find out what our own mutant powers were, and we came up with:

Deludon - This mutant has the uncanny ability to believe a woman is interested in him, regardless of the degree to which what she says, her body language, or that restraining order indicates otherwise.

Hangover Man - complete with a supersuit that includes a cape which further inspection reveals to be an old blanket. Hangover Man's lethal foetid breath can stun an enemy from five yards. However, his tendency to lie down in the middle of a raging battle declaring "I just need to get my head down for a few minutes," can render him something of a liability.

Amnesiac - armed with a bottle of his 'special potion', Amnesiac can make whole hours of an evening suddenly disappear without a trace. His only weakness is the 'made calls' and 'sent texts' menus on a mobile phone, which victims can use to reclaim some of their lost time.

So that was us three. Now I want to know, what are your mutant powers?

8 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harpywoman - A magnificent winged beast, capable of carrying her prey back to her lair and rendering them powerless to her unscrupulous charm.

Hey, I can dream can't I?

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) A drunken belief that my wit is invincible. INVINCIBLE. As in right now in this moment, so sorry for the boring comments.
2) I also share the "missing time" ability but luckily also have my friends on hand to recount all my embarrasing behaviour as well as phone evidence.
3) Metamorphosis ability. After a few drinks even the tramp on the street starts to look like Clooney.

Luckily, being English abroad, I'm too reserved to get into trouble.

 
At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And my EMBARRASSING spelling mistakes. I knew when I failed the first word verification I should have given up.

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Binty McShae said...

They call me "The Necro-dancer" for my ability to kill an atmosphere by hitting the dancefloor...

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um... just for the record Harpywoman was indeed very wingless last night (though perhaps not as much as la straniera), so let's just put 'unscrupulous charm' down to poetic licence shall we?

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stratumbeast - With her captivating beauty and full booze cabinet (complete with Absinthe), the victim is compelled to peel away the beasts series of layers each revealing a more grotesque version of before, until all he has left is her raw, naked, vile self. At which point he declares he will rescue her from spiders in the bath and offers himself up as her sex slave for eternity.

Ah yes, I like that one.

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm la straniera was indeed the mutant "ragazzaubriaca" last night. So much so that she obviously missed the point and failed to give her creations names.

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I confess that I have all along been hiding my true identity - I am MAMMAZONIA.

I have the power to inflate my breasts at will, which will stun - or even render unconscious - my foe.

With my armour plated, spiked battle-bra, I am indeed a force to be reckoned with.

I've not worked out what else they can do yet, but my battle-bra can pick up radio 2 in stormy weather...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home