brie and work
Some time ago, Flatmate Dean had a job interview with an American Saleswoman. Head of Global sales in fact.This woman, it appears, was the distillation of the stereotype you already have in your head.
Quotes of note: "My blackberry is my best friend."
"Sometimes in this job you have to work so hard you want to cry."
This latter point seemed a bit drastic overstatement, but then the more I thought about it, the more I realised quite how little hard work it takes to make me want to cry.
Just the thought of staying an extra ten minutes at the office gives me a lump in my throat. God knows what would happen if I had to give up a weekend. It would be like the end of Titanic, only without the redeeming cheeriness you get at the end when you realise that Leonardo DiCaprio has died.
Surely there's a better way to make money than this. Maybe it's time I revisited the escorting. What do you think?
Anyway, sorry about the short rubbish post, but I've massively underprepared for some presentations tomorrow, so that should yield some humour at my expense.

1 Comments:
Eeek. What have I let myself in for... back into the rat race....
Saying that I nearly clubbed one of my students to death last night out of sheer frustration. She's been studying for 28 hours and still can't remember the difference between "to have" and "to be".
Post a Comment
<< Home