LIttle white samba
Another instructional day today as Tanya and I decided we wouldn´t be true Brazilians until we learned to Samba.So we contracted a private teacher for an hour. This seemed like plenty, as the basic samba seems to the observer to be a fairly simple shuffling affair.
Imagine our surprise, then, when it turned out to be tremendously difficult.
It was quite hilarious, the instructor was a lithe and graceful Brazilian chap, trying desperately to impart some of the joys of samba to a pair of pasty, uptight English.
´Smile´ he kept saying, as we were both frowning in concentration, starting at our feet with out tongues hanging out.
By the end of the hour, though, we were... well we were basically still shuffling about like corpses reanimated post-rigor mortis. But with a big smile though.
The acid test is tonight. We´re going to a samba club apparently, so this is my big chance to impress those Brazilian honeys I´ve heard so much about.
Wish me luck.

2 Comments:
Your postcard from NY came the other day, thanks. Keep up the dancing I expect to see you on Come Dancing some time soon,
Mum
Ah... that's sooo sweet! I'm surprised that she didn't comment when you were talking about your massages-with-all-the-trimmings, mind!
Post a Comment
<< Home