Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, February 06, 2006

Day of the dead

Didn't do a great deal today, so here are some things I've learned about Brazil...

1. You can pretty much wander about anywhere in your pants (ok then, trunks) and nobody will say so much as 'put some trousers on you horrible old man'. This is a bad thing.

2. Toplessness is not acceptable. Wearing a bikini top so small you are as close to topless as the human arts can devise is fine. This is a good thing.

3. A single mosquito in your room can spoil the next two days of your holiday. Bad thing.

4. Half a can of mossie killer in your room may mean you can't go in there without developing lung trouble for several hours, but it sure takes care of problem 3.

5. If you press a button on the side of what look like advertising hoardings by the beach, a fine watery mist is sprayed out. Very good thing.

6. There's a kind of beer here (I'll get back to you with the name) which is unpasteurised so only lasts a few days, so they have to serve it fresh. It's quite refreshing, but also a bit bland and watery, so you have to add your own anger chemicals if you want the full Stella experience. Good and bad thing, depending.

7. I've killed the internet here. Very bad thing.

8. In Leblon, the posh area of town, I don't stick out as being very white. At the carnival rehearsal, oh my, it was quite different. Interesting thing.

9. If you run for 30 minutes in 30 degrees of heat, you feel like you're going to be sick about 30 times. Coincidence? I don't know, but certainly a bad thing.

10. Portugese is basically Spanish made senselessly difficult. Why don't they just give it up and all speak proper Spanish eh? Annoying thing.

Right, that's it for now. As I mentioned, i think I've killed the internet here, so be prepared for crappy service. I certainly can't send emails, so sorry anyone who wanted personal communication.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home