Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Inform, enlighten and entertain

I have to share this.

My friend Fritzi has just given me a Signals catalogue, featuring gifts that 'inform, enlighten and entertain'.

A sample of the gifts available (transcribed word for word):

"I love you" message bean

Who can resist a bean that says "I love you"? There's one planted inside this can, ready to grow and spread the word. Pop the top, place the can in a sunny spot, add water and wait a week or two for the plant to appear with "I love you" printed on the seed pod.

London Underground handbag

Everyone will ask where you got it. (I'm not so sure about that, it does, after all, have LONDON written on it in large letters, so maybe they'll take a guess).

I dance with my dog shirt
I'm not adding any comment to this.

Dr Seuss in Latin
Dr Seuss in the language of the Roman emperors. Mirabile dictu!

and last, but not least...

Jane Austen action figure

It is a truth universally acknowledged that anyone who claims to love literature simply must have a Jane Austen action figure. Demurely garbed and well equipped with a book (Pride and Prejudice of course) and a writing desk with removable quill pen, she may inspire you to write a novel or six.

I swear, I didn't make any of these up.

But in fairness, due to my being a terrible geek, there were a few things in the catalogue that I actually wanted (aside from the Jane Austen action figure of course). Shame on me.

3 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To quote an oldie but a goodie,
"Only in America..."

Bar the bag of course, which is in every tourist shop in London.

BTW sorry immigration was so shit.

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm I secretly covet the "I love you" bean. It sounds very close to something you would buy in Soho.

Personally, I think one of the best things about living in another country is that you can buy the tat you secretly lust after and pretend it's an ironic memento. To date I have collected:
* A large wooden frog with a stick - you stroke it's back and it makes a quasi croaking sound
* A small metal frog with eyes and flipper things that jangle as if it is in spasm
* My new favourite, presented to me after spending copious amounts on alcohol at my local chinese restaurant: A china figurine of a turtle with a baby turtle on it's back. The head, tail, and flipper things hang from chains so that they dangle independently. It even came in it's own box (I transcribe word for word) "Long life Turtle. Looks like teal, represent long life and lucky. Very suitable for toursim gift."

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Trojanmonsta said...

Get me an 'I dance with my dog shirt', please, please!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home