Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, December 12, 2005

That Monday morning feeling

I am, of course, joking with the headline for today's entry. As an official workshy layabout one day is very much like another for me, with the exception that I'm more likely to find someone to get drunk with at the weekend.

Oh, and speaking of drunk, a generic apology to anyone out there I may have upset or offended in the four hour blank spot I managed to generate on Friday night. I have been assured by disinterested observers that I was 'a shambles'.

Still, it's Christmas eh?

I have also discovered due to my being an idiot, that after the great dating experiment of some months ago, I had neglected to turn off the registration to the site. Consequently, when I spotted it on my credit card bill this month I realised I had a couple of weeks left to do something with it.

So I had a brainwave and sent an email to a lovely young lady in New York (well, she seemed lovely, and like a lady but this is the internet after all. There's still a chance she's a nineteen stone trucker from New Jersey. Ugh, New Jersey).

The idea is to have someone to show me around who's a local to give me a better insight into the town I'm visiting. Also, I figure the friends I'm visiting are bound to get sick of me after, say, twenty minutes or so and it would be nice to have someone else to turn to when I'm tossed out onto the mean streets.

The fact that she's incredibly hot is entirely coincidental.

So if any of you have contacts in Melbourne, Sydney, Hong Kong or Rio who you value cheaply enough to have me inflict my company upon them, feel free to drop me a line.

In other news: apparently the Met Office is predicting black rain. This will be followed by scattered locusts and a light slaughter of the first born of every household.

So don't forget a brolly eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home