If at first you don't succeed
Sorry, posting a bit late today as I was helping a friend load up a van for house moving. Not very interesting, but it makes me sound like a decent person, so I'm putting it in here to offset all the talk of booze and hookers.Today's eyecatching news is the wife who stabbed her husband.
Now I'm a fairly forgiving guy and I like to think if my partner confessed to a little snog at the Christmas party or to a bit of a fumble one drunken night, I'd forgive her.
I think I'd draw the forgiveness line, though, if she stabbed me in the lung. If that makes me a bad person, then so be it. I mean, I know love is blind, and I always knew it was kind of stupid too, but this is insane.
Essentially, three years ago a woman stabbed her husband. He then goes into the dock and begs the judge not lock her up because he loves her and he can forgive her little near-fatal pecadillo.
OK, it's a risk maybe, but at the time, we could give him the benefit of the doubt. After all, he knows her better then we do. It could have been an uncharacteristic murderous assault.
But no. Further reading reveals not only did she stab this bloke, but she even had a conviction for stabbing her previous husband as well.
Fucking hell dude, wise up, your wife's a stabber. She's always been a stabber. She's always going to be a stabber.
Oh no you can't wise up can you? You're dead. Stabbed to death funnily enough. Anyone care to guess who by?
Oh, and the deftest of comic touches from one of the witnesses who saw the couple shortly before the fatal moment. He observed that "they had been getting on well."
Blimey. I wouldn't like to run into them when they were bickering then.
Still, at least it puts all our failed relationships into perspective doesn't it?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home