Horse hearse
Tragic news in the Guardian today, a horse has died.OK, maybe not that tragic. But funny. Especially in the quote, a tribute to brave Rooster Booster (why do racehorses always have such stupid names? When I get a racehorse, i'm going to call it Andrew).
Anyway, his distraught 'regular partner' declared, "he was always in a rush to get from A to B."
Well that's nice. But sort of almost a requirement for any racehorse though, don't you think?
And what's this 'regular partner' thing. I think they mean the jockey, but it's hinting at a rather unnatural relationship between man and beast if you ask me. They make it sound like the guy and his horse would show up at Gala dinners together, him in a dressy tuxedo, the horse in a sequinned boob tube and strappy nosebag. All very odd.
Also, you do have to wonder if foul play is involved. Somewhere, some cabal of far Eastern investors is scooping millions from their bet of 'Rooster Booster dies before he gets out of the gate.'
Damn, I wish I'd thought of it.

4 Comments:
You'll find that it is standard in racing parlance to refer to a horse being partnered by a jockey (or vice versa, I can't remember). Draw your own conclusions from that.
Incidentally, surely, given the horse's name, it must have been "fowl" play, ho ho.
Dump - Please can you save jokes like this for 'Caustic Sofa'? That way you'll offend, err, nobody ;)
Andrew? What kind of sick bastard would call their horse 'Andrew'? All the other horses will point and laugh. You cunt!
Fair point Binty, but you're missing something. My horse will be so fucking purebred it will be able to get away with having a stupid (for horses) name, in much the same way as posh people get called Tarquin and Araminta and don't seem to suffer for it.
Post a Comment
<< Home