Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, December 05, 2005

Hat trick

Well I've discovered what I'm going to get everybody for christmas. It's this lovely hat.

Or at least a variation of it. You see, it occurred to me that it's all very well giving the mountain man in your life a hat made out of a hollowed out coyote, but how appropriate is that for your average urban dweller?

That's why I'll be spending the next two weeks, trapping, skinning and tanning a range of more appropriate creatures. So what will you be getting for Christmas? Will it be the dead fox fedora, The trapped rat cap or the unsuccessful mugger rain cape (available in both black and white to avoid charges of racism).

It makes you think though doesn't it? Back in the day, things were so simple. 'I have killed this creature and I am pleased with myself, so I shall wear it on my head as a badge of honour'. Now we (tragically) don't get to run round slaughtering animals, what would be the modern equivalent? University sweatshirts I suspect.

But then what do you think when you see someone wearing one of those? That's right 'tosser'. Unless it's one of those sports team shirts and says 'University of Middlesex kickboxing club', in which case you think 'tosser' very, very quietly.

Which got me thinking again. I reckon in reality, only a few mountain men wore animals on their heads and the other mountain men made fun of them and thought they were total tossers. 'Look at him with a puma on his bonce. What a pratt'.

But then, just as a University of Cambridge top might actually impress someone in America, we modern folk think the mad hatters were actually normal.

Or maybe all this just means I need to stop thinking and get a job.

Random quote of the day: "I don't know what effect these men will have on the enemy, but by God, they terrify me." The Duke of Wellington

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home