Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Friday, December 09, 2005

First service

I was in our Sainsbury's local the other day because I'm too lazy to walk down the road to a proper supermarket when I found a lovely, delicious pastry treat.

Oh, before I go on, a word about our Sainsbury's. It's obviously designed for a different class of customer than me or the flatmates as they very rarely have any bread or milk in stock, yet they have a never ending-supply of Madagascan cilantro, Guatemalan honey, Lithuanian quail's egg paté or any other strangely geographically specific produce.

Anyway, where was I, oh yes, the tasty pastry, which came in a box with this picture on it...



Now you need to know that the picture is the pastry exactly as it comes in the package. So what kind of a serving suggestion is this? Are they trying to explain that you could just try 'eating' it. Thanks guys, great help.

Alternatively, a bit like my Mum, maybe they're saying 'don't forget to put it on a plate'.

Or are they, most worryingly, suggesting you serve these pastries each with a big bite taken out?

"Here, would you like a dessert?"
"Oh yes, that would be... er, there appears to be a bite out of this one."
"Ah, don't worry, that's just how you're supposed to serve them."
"Hmm. Right. Is that the time? I really ought to be off now."


Incidentally, after buying these, I lost the original packaging so I had to go back to the store and steal another one. I only nicked the bit of box with the picture, which left me wondering, can you get done for shoplifting if it's only packaging you've taken?

Legal advice, as ever, always welcome.

Oh, and if any employees of Sainsbury's are reading this, I was joking about the shoplifting. And get some bread and milk in stock would you?

Have a great weekend everyone.

2 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger BikerMondo said...

Sainsbury's gave a convoy of lorries stuffed full of fifty pound notes for someone to build them a new logistics system. Unfortunately they forgot to put bread and milk (and a whole loada other stuff besides). But it does the exotic stuff OK. Hence warehouses full to the brim of Javan fruit bat satays and Tiger loin ready meals.

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get a job mate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home