Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Finding Nemo, and eating him

Interesting stuff about Killer Whales here. Apparently some dude was observing the creatures for a while when he noticed…

"They would approach him in pairs, splashing their tails and making small breaches in a 'playful' manner as if to demand attention. Roberto was sure that they were 'demanding' that he enter the water. And so, apprehensively, he did."

So he starts to wade into the water a bit, with the whales apparently encouraging him along all the time.

Now I’m no David Attenborough, but I think I see what the whales are doing here. Let’s look at it from their perspective.

Whale 1: "Hey, there’s the creepy bloke watching us again. What is he, some kind of pervert?"
Whale 2: "I don’t know. He freaks me out. But you know what, he looks like he might be kinda edible."
Whale 1: "You’re right. Like a scrawny sea lion."
Whale 2: "Well then, let’s eat him."
Whale 1: "Oh how are we going to do that? Walk up on to the beach. We’re aquatic in case you’d forgotten."
Whale 2: "No problem. Let’s make like dolphins. People love those little sluts. If we frolic a bit, I reckon we can get him to come into the water. Then, when he least expects it, BAM!"


So watch the BBC for the follow up story "Whale observer eaten in Pod rampage." I’m telling you, it’s going to happen.

And if you don’t believe me, there’s precedent for this stuff. Werner Herzog’s movie Grizzly Man documents the life and death of Timothy Treadwell and Amie Huguenard. They devoted their lives to protecting and studying grizzly bears. And in return, the bears ate them.

3 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger BikerMondo said...

So, Anonymous, 8 tonnes or Orca is calling you to come in the water because it 'wants to be your friend'? Perhaps it is as inquisitive as us but on balance of probabilities I would prefer to let you go and frolic with Cuddly Wuddly the whale while I watch from the shore with a video recorder - either way that tape's gonna make me a whole load of money.

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this story PG.

*Killer* Whales

Its like the clue's in the name isn't it!

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit Dover - we're supposed to be in the same joke, stop going out alone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home