Free hit counter juvenile dementia peter the great's funny comedy blog

Monday, November 07, 2005

Something for the weekend

Interestingly, it turns out that despite unemployment meaning every day is pretty much the same, I still maintain a notion of the weekend being a break of some kind. So no posting or writing Saturday or Sunday.

But now it's Monday so I guess I'd better get to work. Naturally, it being the 5th of November, we decided to entirely forego any fireworks, bonfires or stuffed mannequins and replace them with the traditional British celebration of historic events - an epic drinking session. Wig, Adam Times and Natalie Hollander came over for pre-drinking at our place, during which we drank an EU wine lake, by way of warm up.

Natalie wasn't going to stay too long as she is an International person of mystery who seems to know some pretty high-end people (remember the DJ who lived in a disco? Oh, and she knows some footballer that got Wig very excited but who I'd never heard of). Consequently, she was supposed to be having a lobster and champagne dinner and going to Tramps nightclub with her gazillionaire chums.

But instead, and this is the part that baffles me, she chose to spend the evening with us. True, she did get free pizza and all the cheap wine she could drink, but really, what's wrong with this girl?

Anyway, we ended up all going to see if we could get in, but we just didn't conform with the dress code - which basically entailed a suit jacket, smart shirt, dark trousers and a Ferrari. Seriously, there were three of them parked outside the joint.

Oddly, the bouncers were not too keen on letting three drunk and dishevelled blokes into their pristine pond of big fish. Which was a shame, because I think my '80s retro stonewash jeans and 'Frankie says' tee shirt would have been a big hit in the place.

So moving on, we blagged our way into another bar which tried to keep us out on the grounds that they were closing. Ha! Not if we had anything to do with it they weren't. They let us in for one drink, but Wig outsmarted them by ordering 8 B52s.

Funnnily enough the evening gets a bit vague after we put these away. In fact, they aren't so much memories as vague sensations, colours and smells. There may have been a rickshaw too. Well, either way, I'm sure nothing dubious or embarrassing happened.

So a good night, all in all.

Right, that's it for now, I'll try to think of something funny to post later when I'm back from the gym.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home